It can be very difficult to consider what will happen to your loved ones when you are no longer around to care for them. In fact, many Florida parents are so reluctant to consider these circumstances that they fail to plan for the inevitable—leaving their children and other loved ones at both an emotional and financial loss.
My Pink Lawyer® Specializes in Crafting Estate & Succession Plans to Protect Loved Ones and Make The Transition of Assets as Simple as Possible
Comprehensive Florida Estate & Succession Planning is about more than just signing documents.
Thorough Florida Estate and Succession Planning involves designing and deploying a personalized estate plan to meet your planning objectives in the simplest way possible.
The State of Florida has rules about what happens to your home and money after you die, including who may inherit and how much of your estate will be sent to the government in taxes. A clearly-defined legal estate plan ensures that your wishes will be followed and your family will be protected even after you are gone.
And EVERYONE should have a well-defined written plan; not just the wealthy.
Each plan is personally crafted to protect your loved ones from unnecessary time delays and financial expense, avoid long, messy probates and family disputes.
Your personalized Florida Estate & Succession Plan may include:
- Last Wills and Testaments. A Will is a master document outlining your wishes after your death. It can include many different provisions, from who will inherit your property and take care of your minor children, to who will continue caring for your pets and most precious personal items.
- Trusts. A trust is a legal document that allows certain assets to be protected from debt collection, misuse, probate, and even certain taxes. Assets held in trust may remain protected until a minor beneficiary can legally inherit them (minor’s trusts), hold funds for inheritance while maintaining your control during your lifetime and avoiding probate of your trust assets upon your death (living trusts), or ensure that your life insurance funds are spent wisely (life insurance trusts). We can also create a special needs trust and advise you on special needs planning to provide for disabled children and loved ones.
- Tax Planning. If applicable to your situation, we can explore legal ways to minimize the amount of estate tax and gift taxes on your holdings, as well as allow your home to remain in your family’s possession without going through probate.
- Health Care Planning. A comprehensive Estate & Succession Plan will not only provide a plan for your loved ones following your death, but also give directions on what should happen if you become incapacitated. With thorough Florida advanced health care directives (including living wills, organ donation, and designations of health care surrogates), you will appoint a trusted friend or family member to make medical decisions for you if you are unable to make them for yourself and document your end-of-life wishes in advance so there is no confusion or guilt by family members.
- Financial Powers of Attorney. Just as a health care power of attorney has power over your medical care, a financial power of attorney is granting control over your finances if you become unable to make decisions for yourself. If you do not outline who is responsible for your bank accounts, stocks, and other holdings, your family will have to go to court to legally access your finances if you become unable to manage them yourself.
Ready to Minimize the Future Burden on Your Loved Ones? Getting Started is Simple
At your private Florida Estate & Succession Planning consultation, our experienced attorneys will answer all of your questions and provide practical, effective advice and suggestions on designing a comprehensive plan to meet your planning goals and protect and simplify matters for your loved ones.
We will also quote you a flat, fixed fee for your custom designed Estate & Succession Plan.
We will never attempt to sell you services you don’t need.
And you will never feel pressured to hire us (though most folks who meet with us for their Estate & Succession Planning consultation do).
Your private Estate & Succession Planning Consultations with one of our attorneys is only $247 and may be reserved online by clicking the button below or by phoning our office: 850-439-1191.
We reserve ninety minutes for your initial consultation so we will not be rushed, though your consultation may not take that long.
You may reserve your initial Estate & Succession Planning consultation now by either clicking the button below or by calling our office: 850-439-1191.