As a follow-up to last week’s email about happiness, I found this list on my computer the other day that I created last year. A good reminder for me. I hope you find value in it too!
Kristen’s Keys to Happy Living
- You do you. I’ll do me.
- Don’t take anything personally.
- Don’t assume anything.
- Embrace this moment. The present moment is the only thing that matters. The past is the past and the future has yet to happen, if it happens at all.
- Our words, both in our head and out of our mouth, matter. Be impeccable with them.
- Choose your problems. Every action has its own problems. What problems are you willing to live with?
- Our beliefs, opinions, and preferences are neither right nor wrong. They are a lifetime culmination of your environment and experiences.
- Our thoughts are just thoughts. They do not require a response. Let them pass.
- Do everything as well as you possibly can, even the “little” things.
- Do not ask how; just do-one step at a time.
- Take things as they come. Go with the flow.
- Remember that you are the only one you can ever change.
- Your emotions are fleeting so do not become attached to them, neither the “good” ones or the “bad” ones.
- Do not take yourself so seriously.
- Your life is a momentary adventure in the expansive scheme of the universe to be enjoyed.
- Physical death is an inevitable part of the continuum of life.
- It is what it is. Not good. Not bad. It just is.
- Stop being afraid to actually live your life.
- Do not make life decisions out of fear.
- A quiet mind is a happy mind. Happiness comes from within us, not from others nor from our external environment or circumstances.
Bonus from a bumper sticker seen in Denver: [Remember,] "It’s probably fine."
Kristen “Eternal Pursuit of Happiness” Marks
P.S. Estate Planning reviews are important every 3-5 years or following major life events. Call us today to schedule your review: 850-439-1191